Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4th of July

The next weekend was the Fourth of July. I just love this holiday. When I was little, we would always watch (or usually ride in) the local city's parade, go to the city carnival and then hang out in the pool and watch fireworks (and light a few of our own). My mom was always very patriotic and festive, so I have a lot of good memories of the fourth.
Since we had just moved into our new house and we had two big trips coming up, we decided to hang low for the holiday. On the third, we watched the local golf course's fireworks from our big lounge chair in the back yard. We had a terrific view and the kids LOVED the show!
The next morning, we picked up donuts and went to the local parade. The kids loved seeing all of the floats and catching the candy. I loved watching them have fun and remembering how much my mom LOVED parades (I can't even count how many floats she designed and helped make for our soccer, gymnastics and cheerleading teams). The rest of the day we swam and cooked out. It really was the perfect weekend!

Our favorite "float":

3 comments:

  1. They look so cute in their 4th of July outfits!! That is so great that you guys have a pool too!! You are so ambitions with 3...MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can see fireworks from your back yard! Next year, party at your place? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! another post...i'm going to get used to these daily updates!

    ReplyDelete