Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cross Country Trip

Our next trip was Baby A's first airplane ride, well, make that his first 5 airplane rides. They don't offer non-stop from Texas to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! We were headed north for my cousin's wedding.
I was a little nervous about the flights, but I had no idea what was in store for us. The night before we left I was up until 3AM making sure we had everything we needed, where we needed it. I wanted to be prepared for every minute of the two flights, 2 hour layover in Chicago and 2 hour drive to the U.P. Two hours later, our adventure began. After all was said and done, we ended up spending 6 hours in the Austin airport, 3 hours in the Chicago airport and then 2 and half hours in the car from Marquette to the U.P. As bad as it sounds now, it was actually a lot of fun. The kids did GREAT and N and I just sat back and laughed about it all. Luckily we invested in these carseat-to-stroller converters. They made the layovers so much easier!

Killing Time in ATX
He did great on the plane!


When did my baby grow up???
Bear crashed while at the playground at O'Hare

This baby couldn't be any sweeter

We were there for 5 days. We spent our time at the rehearsal dinner/party, the beautiful wedding, my cousin's lake house/beach, and my aunt's house. We couldn't have had a better time with my mom's family. There are so many cousins, second cousins and even third cousins! The kids had sooo much fun with everyone. We can't wait to go back!
Sweet Pea and sweet cousin L

Baby A and my mom's brother
My kids' generation of cousins

Baby A slept through most of the dancing

Can you see the joy in her face? I love this smile

Bear was a dancin' fool... Paci and all

We discovered banana boats - All I can say is YUMMY!

Baby A and my mom's older sister

Oh, and the few days in between our trips, N's cousin, his wife and their baby girl came for a couple of days. Baby A had fun with his sweet cousin.

Lounging in the pool

Lounging on the chair

2 comments:

  1. Just look at all those sweet baby cheeks! I just want to kiss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. y'all rock at travelling!!! you need to write a book! i can't look at baby A any longer. i feel my ovaries pounding with the baby bug syndrome! ;)

    ReplyDelete