Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Think We Are Ready

I think the time has come...

We had planned a couple of trips to the barber shop over the past month, but each time something came up (such as vomitting and trips to the doctor and hospital). I think it was God's way of telling me that I wasn't quite ready to see the curls go. But, the past few days have prepared my motherly heart for the inevitable. You see the air has been, as the newscasters call it, "BONE DRY". While the dry air has done wonders for my straight hair "do", my poor son has looked a little ridiculous. I will try to post a pic soon, but really, the straight, long hair has convinced us it's time for our baby's first hair cut! It will happen in the next day or two, so stay tuned for the new Bear look! And say a quick prayer for this emotional mom :).

Here is the most recent picture of his crazy, semi-curly hair:



Oh, and just for fun, I will post a picture of my dear daughter and her recent great find:
Yes, she walked in from the back yard with this!!! When we go on walks she loves to pick up small sticks and carry them as wands, but this takes the cake!

9 comments:

  1. oh man...i'm sad to see the curls go...but jade's hair has been the same way in this weather. it just ruins her curls...i at least can get away with clipping them back with a pretty bow. have you tried that?!? :)

    Wow. how will SP ever top that stick? my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...the above comment was from me...i was logged into my work gmail account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how i feel about the curls....

    As cute as he's gonna look with his little man cut, I sure am glad I don't have to stand by and watch the curls go.

    Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will miss sweet bears hair. i know the first cuts are the worst!!!! even when landyn gets his hair cut after a while without one, it makes him look so different. I do need to send you some adorable pictures from christmas-ish. he looks so adorable.!!! i will send them on kodack gallery quick.
    talk to you soon, can't wait to see his new little face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, you cute kiddos are on my blog... ouside splashing in water in january!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a killer! I promise! I cried through N's first hair cut--and he slept through it! Save a curl or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're actually near austin, too. in round rock, about 20 minutes north. if you're close by i'm more than willing to answer any questions you have about the area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stop by when you get a chance...i passed along a blog award to you today...

    kerry

    ReplyDelete