Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Lil' Man















The curls are gone! Well, most of them anyways. We were out of town this past weekend and when I woke up Saturday morning, Bear's hair had formed five dreadlocks in the back. I had finally had it. So, we took him to Sharkey's that evening and had the beautiful curls cut off. (Although, when the hairstylist was able to comb the dreadlocks out, I was VERY tempted to grab my baby and run!!!) The good news is, his short hair is very wavy, so I have hope that the curls will return. And in case anyone is wondering - his Daddy and I did fine. Bear's new look is taking a little getting used to, but I think he's still as cute as a bug and maybe even a little more handsome :-).

Before (you can see the knots in the second pic):




I took several pictures during the process. He didn't get upset until the lady kept pulling on his hair while combing it.



Here's his "Mommy can't you help me" look:


See, the curls are still there!!
Big Sister also had her nails done after helping little brother through his first hair cut!


3 comments:

  1. oh the look on his face would have melted me in a second.

    he looks so grown up...he is just as handsome as ever...i'll have to show jade!

    next time you are in town, we'll have to take the big girls for manis while we get pedis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a handsome guy! SP's hair looks good as well....So grown up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!! I really like it! He looks great! What's funny is that my AM has those dreadlocks every morning in her curly hair! Maybe I should cut it...

    ReplyDelete