Friday, February 6, 2009

When God Comforts Us

I don't get many chances to listen to the radio - I'm usually listening to kid songs in the car. It's funny, because even when I am alone, I forget to turn the cd player off and I'll find myself singing "This little light of mine" as I walk through Target alone (which I don't get to do very often). Anyways, the other day I was on my way to pick up Sweet Pea (after just having great lunch with N where we talked about God's plan for our family) and I was listening to the radio and this song was playing. I know I must have heard it a million times, but this time it really hit home and gave me a peace I haven't felt in a while. Funny how God does that, huh?

If You Want Me To
Artist(Band):Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus: Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
ya oh oh no
So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I go through the valley
If You want me to

So, while we continue to search for the pathway God has for us, I will be singing this song and remembering that He is ALWAYS with us (and we are blessed to have each other). God is good.

2 comments:

  1. glad you snuck a lunch in w/hubby...isn't that fun?!?

    those lyrics are great...very encouraging. we'll be keeping you guys in our prayers as you face so many decisions during this transitional time!

    ReplyDelete