Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Momma

Sweet Pea has her freckles, light skin, and her spunky additude. Bear has her smile, laugh, and general expressions. Bubba has her nose, eyes and sweet disposition. I am so thankful for God's miracles, these constant reminders of my mom. It's hard to believe it's been seven years (yesterday). While I know there's no place on earth she would rather be than with her grandbabies, I know where she is, is far better than anything I could imagine here.



I miss her SO much. When she first passed, I was a little relieved for her. She was no longer suffering and she was "home" with our King and both of her parents. But once I had kids, I became selfish and wished they could meet her and experience her love, which is like no other. Everyday they do something that makes me want to call her, then I realize, she already knows :). I find myself doing things with and for them, just as she did with and for me. That makes me smile - her legacy lives on.



Mom - I love you more than ever and I am so thankful for your life, your love and your spirit. You were the most amazing woman I've ever known. Your grandbabies will know your love and everything about you - I will pass that on.

Until We Meet Again...






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will only let me comment as Phil... but this is Rachelle... I said that I love you... and as I'm sure Phil does love you... he may not want to express it to you on your blog! :)

    So - what I was going to say is... I love you...

    - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh michelle I have tears reading this post. What a special post dedicated to your momma. Her spirit lives on through your children. She sounds like an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i had the chance to get to know your mom better. it sounds like i have gotten to know her in you though...the way you describe her attributes in your kiddos sounds a lot like someone i do know...you! i'm sure you miss her immensely. one day, one day soon, there will be an amazing reunion!

    ReplyDelete