Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet Pea is 5!

Our first little blessing is growing up so fast! I really can't believe she is 5. It's a big milestone, right? She is really changing from a preschooler into a young lady. I am so proud of her - she is writing, reading a few words, adding, solving everyday problems, getting along with her brothers and she loves learning Bible stories. But, on the flipside she is dealing with conflict and girl drama at school. She is doing a good job dealing with it, but I can see her struggling with being sweet, while still standing up for herself. I know it's inevitable, so I am praying and making sure I spend extra time with her now, while she is still young enough to listen to this old lady. Her daddy is also doing a great job with her - they go on dates fairly often and he recently took her to a daddy- daughter dance. They both had a fabulous time and I hope it will become a tradition.
Here's a pic before they left:


And here's a pic at the dance - do you see the smile on N's face? I LOVE this pic!



So, on her birthday, she had a cookie cake at school and we went to Chuck E Cheese's for dinner. She was excited to get lots of phone calls from family and friends, too! She has such a feisty personality AND the most tender heart - the little signs of love mean sooo much to her. Here are some pics from the big day...

Sharing some birthday love with Bear:



Sweet Pea was so excited to ride with lil' bro:

Chuck E. brought a birthday cake out:

Sweet Pea playing air hockey with Bear:


4 comments:

  1. WOW! She really is ...cute? more like beautiful now!! I can't believe she is 5. That seems so old! I bet she is such a GREAT big sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooooooo sweet! did you make her t-shirt? such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5! We are getting old...

    Happy Birthday SP!

    ReplyDelete